Heavy Vehicle Workshop
The Cycle Action Network and Rotorua Lakes Council are working together to bring the 'Share the Road' workshops to Rotorua.
The workshops are aimed at all cyclists who use the road - commuters, sports and leisure bikers. They are based on a customised and industry proven curriculum. With a duration of around three hours, the workshops are delivered by qualified facilitators.
The workshops are free, but numbers are limited so contact us asap if you are interested.
Times and Dates:
17/2/17 @ 4pm
18//2/17 (time TBC depending on numbers)
What will happen at the workshops?
- Classroom discussion - Setting the scene on bike safety
- Demo and bike control drills in an open space
- Demonstration of heavy vehicle features and exercises to identify blind zones
- A brief ride on quiet local streets with discussions about safety issues cyclists may encounter on the way
- Debrief and tea/coffee back at base
Workshops generally take 2.5 - 3 hours and are free. Please bring your own bike, helmet and raincoat (just in case!)
A light morning or afternoon tea will be served.